Development Area Zones and Permitted Uses
Comprehensive Development Zone (Overlander Golf & Events Centre) CD-1. The CD-1 zone allows the proposed development to be partitioned into 8 separate zones called Development Areas within the CD
• zone. The following is a brief description of each of the Development Areas (DAs):
• Development Area 1 – This portion of the development will contain the re-configured executive par-3 golf course, the clubhouse, a putting green, and driving cages. The clubhouse has been given the additional use of Participant Recreation Services, Indoor to accommodate use of the building to hold yoga classes (health and fitness clubs). This DA will also contain public walking trails through the golf course area, this is an accessory use described as Passive Recreation Area which is a new definition included in the Interpretation Section of Bylaw No. 1770. A separate area of 0.12 ha has been added for an expanded parking area.
• Development Area 2 – This DA is for a separate 0.48 ha lot to contain the current golf course owners family home and accessory buildings. This lot is currently accessed from Van Kleek Avenue, and this access will be maintained. A number of accessory uses have been added to this DA, as the property size is considered to be big enough to accommodate them.
• Development Area 3· – This DA Is for the westernmost 20 single detached housing lots proposed on the site, abutting against the larger single family dwelling lots along Okanagan Street. These lots will be 600 m2 and 18.0 m wide to keep them in context with the abutting lots. Height restrictions will be 1.5 storeys or 7.0 m whichever is the lesser and rear yard setbacks are at 8.0 m in an attempt to preserve the view angles towards the
east of the abutting properties along Okanagan Street. Council will note that secondary suites and carriage houses are not permitted as accessory uses in this DA. Front yard setbacks are proposed to be 4.0 m, however where there is a garage the setback is 6.0 m to provide parking in front of the garage.
• Development Area 4 – This DA consists of 63 single detached housing lots in and around the middle of the property. These lots will be narrower and smaller in area than those in DA 3, with a minimum area of 464.5 m2 and 15.24 m wide, except where there is a corner lot, which will be required to be an additional 3 m wide. Ordinary single detached housing setbacks are proposed, other than the front setback, as in DA3, above. As these lots are
on relatively flat land, the building height has been increased to 10 m or 3 storeys, to allow
for larger floor areas on a lesser footprint.
• Development Area 5 – This DA consists of 11 single detached housing lots along the north end of the development. These lots have been designed to be 45.72 m deep to provide additional spatial separation from the existing properties to the north along the south side of Van Kleek Road, which were originally around 1 acre lots, that have been· developed into additional lots through the years. Though the lots are narrow, setbacks have been proposed that will allow access into the rear yard area. This access also makes the lots capable of supporting carriage houses in the rear yard area, which has been added as an optional accessory use.
• Development Area 6 – This DA consists of 39 single detached housing lots. These lots are proposed to have a minimum area of 371 m2 and 12.0 m wide. Side setbacks are reduced and building height is increased to allow for greater flaor area.
• Development Area 7 – This DA consists of 14 single detached housing lots, 8 of which will back onto existing lots along Van Kleek Road, and 4 that will back onto the re-configured golf course. The remaining 2 will back onto the public parking area and the existing residence on DA2.
• Development Area 8 – This DA is for parkland proposed to be dedicated by the developer. A number of separate park areas are proposed along the north boundary of the property, consisting of 0.429 ha and along the southern boundary, consisting of 0.4 ha. The developer has shown an 0.08 ha public parking lot off Van Kleek Road and Phillips Street.
Site Servicing Proposal – Golf Course
Our goal is to build the best homes in Armstrong – without exception – along with creating a desirable community that will excite people to call Armstrong their home. For over 27 years, the developers have built homes and communities in Armstrong. The team has been actively involved in the development, construction and marketing of over 200 residential homes, an 18-suite condominium and commercial buildings.
What has remained constant through nearly three decades of building homes in Armstrong is our pursuit of superior design and quality construction. From conception to completion, we are proud of every home we build. It’s the result of extensive consultation with local industry professionals, engineers, architects along with our highly experienced construction and marketing teams.
This collaborative process with attention to detail, innovative use of energy efficient materials, and products. Paired with functional home designs, and use of space, we know you’ll be proud to call Rosemont your next place to call home.